13 Amazing Green Smoothie Cleanse Recipes
Are you looking for how to revitalize your life by detoxing and lose weight? l have here 13 amazing green smoothie cleanse recipes to detox, lose weight, boost energy, and increase overall health. Enjoy!
Powerful Green Smoothie Cleanse Recipes
Why choose healthy smoothies that have no (or very little) fruit?
Most fruits have a high acid and sugar content, which can cause a pH imbalance in your body. Eating more alkalizing foods like leafy greens creates a more balanced pH.
You will notice that the only fruits in these green smoothie cleanse recipes are lemons and limes in these recipes. Even though lemons and limes are technically fruit, they’re considered alkalizing, which helps to balance your body’s pH levels.
Green smoothies pack in several servings of leafy greens in one glass, delivering big on antioxidants to boost immune function and neutralize free radicals.
You’ll also get tons of fiber, aiding in digestion and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Try any of the 13 amazing green smoothie recipes below to regain good health and bring back a healthy balance.
Green Smoothie Cleanse Recipes
1. Green Energy Machine Smoothie
This “energy machine” recipe has it all: Healthy fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories to make you feel incredible.
Not only does this smoothie feature spinach and kale for immune-boosting nutrition, it’s got nuts and seeds for protein and omega-3’s.
1/2 a ripe avocado
2 handfuls of spinach
1 handful of kale
200ml almond milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
50g soaked almonds
25g soaked cashews
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
- If you are reading this a few hours (at least) before you’re going to make this energy-booster, start by soaking your almonds and cashews for at least an hour or so, preferably overnight. If you want to make it now, try to soak them for at least 20 minutes!
- Start the blending with the avocado, liquids and cucumber
- Next add the oil and the leaves
- Finally add the soaked nuts, the seeds and blend at a high speed until smooth
Source: Live Energized
2. Healthy Green Limeade Smoothie
The alkalizing properties of this limeade smoothie will naturally balance your pH. Lime, avocado, cucumber, and spinach come together to deliver healthy nutrients and heal your body from within.
This limeade green smoothie recipe is filled with spinach, banana, ginger, green apple and lime, it’s the perfect breakfast or snack.
2 cups spinach
1 green apple, sliced
1/2 English cucumber, skin removed
1 large lime, peeled and quartered
1/4-inch piece of fresh ginger root
1/4 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
2 handfuls ice
Combine all ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
Optional: add-ins: 1/2 of an avocado; 1 cup of kale in place of one of the cups of spinach; 1 large pinch of cinnamon; milk (soy, almond, cow’s milk, etc.) instead of Greek yogurt; regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt; flax seed, chia seed, orange juice, pomegranate juice.
Jar individual servings and store them in the refrigerator if you plan to drink the smoothies within a couple of days.
Make a couple of big batches ahead of time and store in the freezer.
Set the smoothie 30-45 minutes before you plan to drink it; I put mine in the fridge overnight and then take them out of the fridge when I get up in the morning; they are perfectly thawed after a night in the fridge.
Source: Bake Your Day
3. Fruit Free Green Smoothie
This green smoothie is alkalizing, cleansing, and loaded with nutrients from fresh greens. You’ll get fiber, vitamins, and minerals without any added sugar.
- ½ organic cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cups organic, raw spinach
- 1 cup coconut water
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Source: In Sonnet’s Kitchen
4. Low-Glycemic Green Smoothie
Keep your blood sugar stable with this creamy smoothie.
It’s got protein from almond butter and hemp seeds, antioxidant-rich spinach, creamy avocado, and anti-inflammatory spices for flavor. Replace your sugar-laden breakfast with this healthy alternative.
- 1 (4-inch) chunk of cucumber (I prefer to peel mine)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- ¼ – ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 (1/2 to 1-inch) chunk fresh ginger root (peeled)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup spinach or other greens
- ⅔ cup water or unsweetened almond or hemp milk (more if needed)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. (Add more water/milk if needed to reach the desired thickness.)
- Enjoy immediately.
Source: Daily Bites
5. Green Smoothie Bowl
You’ll need a spoon for this smoothie choice. It’s loaded with spinach for a good dose of iron, which facilitates oxygen transport throughout your body.
Sprinkle on chia seeds, coconut, and almond flakes for extra nutrition and an exciting crunch.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 small cucumber, cut in cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- Blend all ingredients to obtain a creamy, dense texture.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl, and top with chia seeds, coconut and almonds.
- Eat straight away to take the maximum benefits from the powerful nutrients.
6. Fruit Free Green Smoothie with Hemp Protein
Replace your high-carb fare with this low-carbohydrate Fruit-Free Green Smoothie.
Hemp protein powder gives it plenty of protein to keep you full for hours. Avocado, spinach, and lemon offer heart-healthy fatty acids and vitamin C for an immune boost.
- 1½ cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 scoop (30 grams) Hemp Pro 70 Protein Powder, vanilla flavor
- 35 grams avocado (approximately ½ medium-sized avocado)
- 50 grams raw baby spinach (approximately 1 cup)
- 4 ice cubes
- Add ingredients to the jug of your high-powered blender in the order they’re listed in the recipe. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Serve immediately.
Source: Healthful Pursuit
7. Fruit Free Green Monster Protein Smoothie
Keep fruit out of your smoothie and banish your blood sugar highs and lows. This “monstrously” nutritious protein smoothie is just what you need to get your morning off to a fantastic start.
- 2 large handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (25g) paleo protein powder; my favourite is the berry blast!
- 1/2 a LARGE avocado…or 1 full small avocado; approx. 100g/3.5 oz
- Optional: 1 tbsp powdered , 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract, dash or two of cinnamon…a few fresh mint leaves!
Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender .
Sweeten to taste and blend in optional extras! Will keep in the fridge for a good 24 hours if you decide to hold on to some or all of it for later!
Source: Peachy Palate
8. Fruit Free Green Smoothie with Mint
Fresh mint gives this cleansing smoothie a vibrant, refreshing flavor.
It’s perfect for a meal or snack, and a sprinkle of cacao nibs gives it a satisfying and delicious chocolatey-mint flavor.
- Unsweetened vanilla coconut milk OR water
- 2 scoops Standard Process Complete OR your favorite protein powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (You do NOT need to use two proteins)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 4-5 drops liquid stevia optional
- 20 leaves Fresh mint This is a MUST! Your smoothie will not taste the same without mint. You can also use extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs optional! this will create a ‘mint chocolate effect’
Combine all ingredients in your blender and serve.
Source: Healthy Habit Solutions
9. Ginger Mint Detox Smoothie
Fresh, refreshing, and cleansing, this ginger mint detox smoothie will reboot and refresh your system.
It tackles bloating and soothes your digestive system, making it perfect for those with tummy troubles.
Ginger-Mint Detox SmoothieFresh, refreshing, and cleansing, this recipe makes an ideal “hangover” smoothie. If you’ve eaten or drank too much the night before, try sipping this smoothie in the morning to reboot and refresh your system.
Combine all ingredients in a blender until puree’d. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Source: Yuri Elkaim
10. Green Super Smoothie
This simple smoothie recipe has a coconut milk base, so you’ll benefit from the medium-chain fatty acids.
Coconut oil has to been shown to reduce cholesterol levels and insulin sensitivity, boost brain health, along with a number of other health incredible benefits.
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup water
1 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup raw spinach – packed down tightly
Add all ingredients to your blender except the spinach. Blend until fully incorporated.
When measuring the spinach, really pack it down to maximize the amount. Add into blender and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Source: Sparkle Kitchen
11. Cucumber Parsley Smoothie
This incredible recipe combines fresh, healthy ingredients with built-in fat burning properties.
This smoothie will help curb food cravings, is low in calories, and supports liver function.
Parsley has a surprising amount of nutrition packed in, including high levels of vitamins K and C, and is a rich source of antioxidants.
1 stalk celery
a handful of parsley
6 mint leaves
1 tsp. grated ginger
a little bit water
Combine the ingredients in a blender and process well until everything smooth. The drink is ready for consumption.
Source: Healthy Food Style
12. Deep Green Liver Detox
Kale and Swiss chard offer major nutrition benefits in this green cleansing smoothie.
Both leafy greens are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, which bind to disease-causing free radicals.
High in calcium and iron, you’ll get strong bones and boost your energy levels from sipping on this healthy drink. Lemon and lime make it the ultimate liver detox smoothie.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 cups kale
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 cup swiss chard
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
Instructions: Run all ingredients through a juicer and enjoy.
Source: Young and Raw
If you enjoy the 13 amazing green smoothie cleanse recipes to detox, lose weight, boost energy, and increase overall health post, share it with your friends on facebook and pinterest.